Social Media Rules of Engagement
South Texas ISD values its Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) as a communication tool for the district and community.
Purpose: The South Texas ISD Public Relations & Marketing Department maintains the official South Texas ISD Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts. The main objective of these pages are to inform our “followers” about student and staff accomplishments, upcoming events, district news, and other information pertaining to the school district and campuses.
All district and campus platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are two-way communication tools. Page administrators reserve the right to remove content that violates district polices or do not adhere to the following guidelines.
- Violate any South Texas ISD policy.
- Violate U.S. copyright laws.
- Identify individual students or staff in defamatory, abusive or negative terms.
- Do not pertain to the topic of a specific posting made by the page administrator.
- Repeat the same content across multiple posts.
- Contain abusive or inappropriate language or statements. Remarks that are racist, homophobic, vulgar, sexist, otherwise discriminatory, or attempt to incite others to engage in inappropriate or illegal activity are not permitted. Statements that are likely to offend or provoke others are also not allowed.
- Promote or advertise a service or product
Those individuals who violate this policy face becoming permanently banned from participation on all South Texas ISD pages. The terms of usage may be updated at any time without prior notice. Comments are solely the opinions of the users who post them. The district takes no responsibility for misinformation included in user comments.
For questions, or to report an inappropriate comment, please send an email to email@example.com.