Enrollment will open for the 2024-2025 School Year online at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 13, 2024, for all 7 STISD campuses.
Please note: STISD will use an updated version of SchoolMint Enroll for 2024-2025 enrollment.
The system is not yet available for prospective families/students to begin creating their profiles for enrollment day. Additional information about the updated process will be posted here soon.
STISD is now enrolling new-to-district students for the 2023-2024 School Year.
Enrollment forms are no longer being accepted through SchoolMint. To enroll, contact your campus of interest directly using the contact information below:
- South Texas ISD Health Professions (9-12) | Mercedes: 956.565.2237
- South Texas ISD Medical Professions (9-12) | Olmito: 956.214.6100
- South Texas ISD Preparatory Academy (6-8) | Edinburg: 956.381.5522
- South Texas ISD Rising Scholars Academy (6-8) | San Benito: 956.399.4358
- South Texas ISD Science Academy (9-12) | Mercedes: 956.565.4620
- South Texas ISD Virtual Academy (6-11): 956.514.4201
- South Texas ISD World Scholars (9-12) | Edinburg: 956.383.1684
- South Texas ISD | District Line: 956.565.2454
STISD is an open-enrollment school district, and all students within the tri-county area served - Cameron, Hidalgo, and Willacy Counties - are eligible to enroll with us at STISD.
1) Create a family and student profile within SchoolMint.
2) Complete the online enrollment form and select the school or schools for which you are interested in enrolling.
3) If you received a notification with an offer from the campus for which you completed the enrollment form, you must 'Log in' to SchoolMint to accept the offer and continue with the registration packet. Offers must be accepted within two weeks. If you do not, the campus will rescind your offer. (Please note: You may only accept one campus seat offer. Accepting an offer will automatically cancel or decline any other campus enrollment forms submitted.)
4) Complete Advisement and registration forms within the online registration packet.
The South Texas Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, disability or any other legally protected status in its employment practices or in the provision of services, programs or activities. The Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, has been designated Title IX and Section 504 Coordinator to handle inquiries regarding discrimination based on sex and disability. Inquiries regarding all other antidiscrimination laws should be made to the Superintendent. Both may be contacted at 7001 E. Expressway 83, Mercedes, TX 78570 and/or (956) 514-4224.
El distrito escolar de South Texas no discrimina en base a raza, color, origen de nacionalidad, edad, religión, sexo, discapacidad o cualquier otro estado legalmente protegido en sus prácticas de empleo o en la prestación de servicios, programas o actividades. La Asistente del Superintendente en el área de Recursos Humanos, ha sido designada coordinadora del Título IX y de la Sección 504 para atender las consultas relacionadas a la discriminación basada en sexo y discapacidad. Las consultas relacionadas a todas las demás leyes antidiscriminatorias deben dirigirse al Superintendente. Ambos pueden ser contactados en 7001 E. Expressway 83, Mercedes, TX 78570 y/o al teléfono (956) 514-4224.