Teachers & Classroom Aides
Why teach at South Texas ISD?
- Small, safe, diverse district and campus communities
- Serving students in grades 6-12 from Cameron, Hidalgo and Willacy Counties
- District of choice, with highly-motivated and driven students
- Highly-flexible scheduling
Niche 2021 Best Schools:
- #1 Best Place to Teach in Texas
- #2 District with the Best Teachers in Texas
- #3 Best School District in Texas
Compensation & Benefits:
- Free employee health insurance for most employees
- $50K paid term life insurance
- Paid dental and vision
- Paid long-term disability
- Up to $750 perfect attendance stipend
- $2,000 COVID stipend for all employees
- Part-time/Full-time: Retired educators and college students
- Earn $6,000 more, on average, than at other local school districts
- $53,000 starting pay
- Teacher Incentive Allotment stipends
- $4,000 Master’s degree stipend (for subject area)
- $4,500 National Board Certified Teacher stipend
- Professional development offered by state and national experts
What does a Classroom Aide do?
Assists the teacher with planning and instruction of students
What education and experience is required?
- High school diploma or GED, 48 hours of college or higher
What is the pay?
Between $14.25 and $19.67 per hour