Available Positions as of Sept. 25, 2023:
Direct apply links for each position below
- Licensed Specialist in School Psychology | APPLY
- Assistant Principal (Health Professions in Mercedes) | APPLY
- Teacher - Mathematics (Preparatory Academy in Edinburg) | APPLY
- Teacher - Mathematics (2) (Preparatory Academy in Edinburg) | APPLY
- Teacher - Science Composite (Preparatory Academy in Edinburg) | Apply
- Bus Driver/Custodian (STISD Transportation) | Apply
- Accounts Payable Clerk (Central office in Mercedes) | Apply
- Payroll Clerk/Insurance Clerk (Central office in Mercedes) | Apply
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Central office in Mercedes) | APPLY
- Plumber (STISD - Maintenance) | APPLY
- Library Aide (Rising Scholars Academy San Benito) | APPLY
- Special Education Classroom Aide (Rising Scholars Academy San Benito) | Apply
STISD uses an online-only application process through OneApp with Region One. As vacancies occur, they are posted online. Applicants are encouraged to check online frequently for new employment postings and update their application online as changes occur.
All applications for employment with STISD must be completed and submitted online. Resumes and paper documents will not be accepted in lieu of or in addition to the online application.
Job opportunities at STISD: APPLY HERE FOR ALL OPEN POSITIONS THROUGH ONEAPP
To inquire about the application process or status, please contact:
- Lidia Faz, Human Resources Specialist, at 956.514.4226
- Annette Salinas, Receptionist/Secretary for Human Resources, at 956.514.4224
- Janie Sicairos, Human Resources Coordinator, at 956.514.4263
- Lissa Frausto, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
For Employment Verifications, please contact Elizabeth Becerra in the Payroll Department at 956.514.4215.
STISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person shall, on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, handicap or veteran status be excluded from participating in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity of South Texas Independent School District, as required by Title IX of the U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare, and the above requirements extended to employment by the South Texas Independent School District and to admission thereto.
In accordance with Title IX, the district does not discriminate on the basis of sex and is required not to discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities. The requirement not to discriminate extends to employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX may be referred to the district’s Title IX coordinator, to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the Department of Education, or both.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX to employment should be referred to Title IX Coordinator, Lissa Frausto, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, 7001 E. Expressway 83, Mercedes, TX 78570, email@example.com, and 956-514-4225. Click this link to learn more about STISD’s Title IX Process and Procedures for filing complaints.