STISD uses an online-only application process called NEOED, in addition to OneApp with Region One. As vacancies occur, they are posted online on both sites, but you will only need to apply to one site. Applicants are encouraged to check online frequently for new employment postings and update their application online as changes occur.
All applications for employment with STISD must be completed and submitted online. Resumes and paper documents will not be accepted in lieu of or in addition to the online application.
STISD Application Requirements:
- Fill out all required information.
- Add three (3) references: (1) current/most recent supervisor – will be contacted via phone, (2) Co-worker/work related reference (3) Co-worker/personal reference (References cannot be family members)
- Upload all required documents as per job posting.
- Fill out DPS Criminal Authorization Form by downloading and uploading to your application.
If you are in need of technical support assistance, please contact: 1-877-204-4442, ext. 2 (Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Time).
To inquire about the application process or status, please contact:
- Lidia Faz, Secretary to Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, at 956.514.4226
- Sylvia Arismendez, Receptionist/Secretary for Human Resources | 956.514.4224
- Janie Sicairos, Human Resources Specialist, at 956.514.4263
- Lissa Frausto, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
For Employment Verifications, please contact Brenda Lopez in the Payroll Department at 956.514.4215.
STISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person shall, on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, handicap or veteran status be excluded from participating in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity of South Texas Independent School District, as required by Title IX of the U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare, and the above requirements extended to employment by the South Texas Independent School District and to admission thereto.
In accordance with Title IX, the district does not discriminate on the basis of sex and is required not to discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities. The requirement not to discriminate extends to employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX may be referred to the district’s Title IX coordinator, to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the Department of Education, or both.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX to employment should be referred to Title IX Coordinator, Lissa Frausto, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, 100 Med High Drive, Mercedes, TX 78570, email@example.com, and 956-514-4225. Click this link to learn more about STISD’s Title IX Process and Procedures for filing complaints.