Thank you for your patience and support as we work together for the health, safety and well-being of everyone in our STISD community. We continue to monitor updates for COVID-19 from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as local, state and federal organizations.
STISD has been busy throughout the spring and summer preparing for the 2020-2021 school year and our return to campuses and offices this fall. When our staff and students return to our facilities, they will find a "new normal," consisting of practices, procedures and precautions in place to better ensure the health and safety of our district community.
In planning for this school year, we researched guidelines, recommendations and best practices and found ways to embed these into our day-to-day practices at STISD. The goal of this plan is to provide the safest learning and working environment possible. Our "Safe Return to Work and School Plan" is guided by two principles:
- Safety of all in their work and learning environment
- Clear communication throughout the crisis
This plan is a working document, and we will continue to update it as circumstances, knowledge and guidance change.
(Last updated on Oct. 1, 2020.)
STISD Phased-In Return to School Plan
View Phased-in Plan for Return to Schools
STISD remains committed to providing the highest-quality educational experience possible during the 2020-2021 school year, no matter the method of delivery. The district will build upon its Flexible Learning Initiative, used by campuses during the school closures in the spring of 2020.
Health + Wellness Support
We believe in providing more health and wellness programs and initiatives to promote and maintain a healthy and happy lifestyle for our community. Social and emotional resources, along with a request for counseling support are available within the Health + Wellness section of this site.
- April 25: Update from the Superintendent on school closure for the remainder of the school year and plans for virtual graduation
- March 31: Update from the Superintendent on COVID-19 and adjustments district wide
- March 24: Update from the Superintendent regarding school closures and continuation of services to district community
- March 20: Letter from Superintendent regarding closure and Flexible Learning to begin March 24
- March 17: Letter from the Superintendent Announcing Closure of Campuses for Students for Two Weeks After Spring Break - March 23-April 3 - with Online Instruction to Begin March 24
- March 17: Letter regarding the Response Levels and STISD's Move to Level 2
- March 3: Information regarding proactive measures being taken to address Coronavirus