Thank you for your ongoing patience and support as we work together for the health, safety and well-being of everyone in our STISD community. We continue to monitor updates for COVID-19 from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as local, state and federal organizations, and provide updates through our website, email and social media platforms. Effective March 24, STISD is in Level 3 of its response plan, as detailed here.
The following adjustments are also under effect for STISD:
- Schools will remain closed until further notice.
- Instructional resources and/or support will be provided by your teacher or the campus principal.
- The district will provide five days’ worth of breakfast and lunch meals through curbside distribution two days each week– Monday and Wednesday. Children are no longer required to accompany parents to pick up meals; however, parents will be asked to present documentation for their children. Please see the district website for further details.
- Designated essential campus staff will continue to report to work Monday and Wednesday from 8:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
- Teachers will continue to prepare for potential long-term flexible learning by ensuring usage of a technology learning platform.
- All staff members must be available remotely from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- All departments will continue to provide campus support for our STISD Community.
Faculty and staff should check their e-mail and communicate with their supervisors for further details.
During the school closure, STISD will continue to provide instruction to students - beginning on Tuesday, March 24 - through Flexible Learning, and will continue to serve meals at no cost to children ages 18 and under within our communities.
- April 25: Update from the Superintendent on school closure for the remainder of the school year and plans for virtual graduation
- March 31: Update from the Superintendent on COVID-19 and adjustments district wide
- March 24: Update from the Superintendent regarding school closures and continuation of services to district community
- March 20: Letter from Superintendent regarding closure and Flexible Learning to begin March 24
- March 17: Letter from the Superintendent Announcing Closure of Campuses for Students for Two Weeks After Spring Break - March 23-April 3 - with Online Instruction to Begin March 24
- March 17: Letter regarding the Response Levels and STISD's Move to Level 2
- March 3: Information regarding proactive measures being taken to address Coronavirus
STISD curbside pick-up locations:
- Edinburg: Gateway to the World Library parking lot- located between South Texas ISD Preparatory Academy and South Texas ISD World Scholars (510 S. Sugar Rd., Edinburg)
- Mercedes: South Texas ISD Health Professions (100 Med High Drive, Mercedes) - loop between Health Professions and Science Academy
- Olmito: South Texas ISD Medical Professions (10650 N Expressway 77/83, Olmito) - south side parking lot of the campus, first entrance off of the frontage road
- San Benito: South Texas ISD Rising Scholars Academy (151 S. Helen Moore Rd., San Benito)- parking lot off of Paso Real, in front of cafeteria