The STISD Board of Directors is comprised of 24 members from Cameron, Hidalgo and Willacy Counties, making it the largest school board in the nation.
Each county has four elected positions representing each County Commissioner’s Precinct. In addition, each county judge appoints an individual for an at-large position for every 100,000 people. Elections for the board are held the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November on a biennial basis.
If you have any trouble accessing the information on this webpage or have any questions, please contact us via phone at 956.565.2454, via e-mail at email@example.com, or via mail at 100 Med High Drive, Mercedes, TX 78570.
2020 Election Information
South Texas Independent School District will conduct school board member elections on Nov. 3, 2020.
Seats up for election (by County and County Commissioner's Precinct):
- Cameron County: County Commissioner Precincts 2 & 4
- Hidalgo County: County Commissioner Precincts 1 & 3
- Willacy County: County Commissioner Precincts 2 & 3
Key dates in election cycle:
- First day to file for a place on the ballot: Saturday, July 18, 2020
- Last day to file for a place on the ballot: Monday, Aug. 17, 2020, at 5:00 p.m.
- Deadline for declaration of write-in candidacy: Friday, Aug. 21, 2020
- Early voting by personal appearance: Oct. 19-Oct. 30, 2020
- General elections for school board members: Nov. 3, 2020
General voting locations:
Cameron County Elections Dept.
954 E. Harrison
Brownsville, TX 78520
101 S. 10th Ave.
Edinburg, TX 78539
Willacy County Courthouse
190 N. 3rd
Raymondville, TX 78580
Specific polling places and hours to be available at a later date.
Eligibility, requirements and process for filing for candidacy for school board trustee
- Election forms can be found at: https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/index.shtml
Forms must be completed and turned into the Secretary of the Board.
Additional Elections Resources (those missing will be posted at a later date)
Legal notices (To be posted and to run in newspapers listed below closer to the election)
- Cameron County: The Brownsville Herald and Valley Morning Star
- Hidalgo County: The Monitor
- Willacy County: The Raymondville Chronicle
Notice of Deadline to File Application for Place on the Ballot
Resolution for Unopposed Candidates (if applicable)
Notice of Election
Resolution Calling for Elections
Order of Regular Election for South Texas ISD