Student in Frame | Owen Enslein
Owen’s current stage is South Texas ISD World Scholars.
-President of the Sophomore Class (Class of 2025)
-Academic + Extracurricular competitor
The theatrical 10th-grader loves the rush that comes with all things acting, singing, and dancing, and feels right at home on any stage.
Enslein’s talent has already led to many stages, with roles played in Matilda with All Star Theatre and the latest debut being ‘Guys and Dolls,’ with French Woods Festival in New York. The “rapid fire experience” is what Owen craves, with dreams of making Broadway or the big screen, after pursuing a career in the arts- focused in musical theater.
The easy-going, free-spirited sophomore is grateful for the educational opportunities one can explore here at STISD. Enslein loves the enriching and diverse culture and curriculum offered at World Scholars. The opportunities are endless and varied, allowing Enslein to experience a multitude of career pathways that might eventually make it on “script.”
Here’s a fun fact for you.
Enslein is just 1.5 weeks away from traveling with family for the Spring Break holiday, where sounds of Chilean-Mexican musician Mon Laferte (Enslein’s favorite artist) will most definitely help pass the time in the air to France.
This month we are in frame with Owen Enslein.
- Favorite hobby? Theater
- Favorite artist or song? Artist: Mon Laferte | Song: Tu Falta De Querer
- Favorite World Scholars memory so far? Homecoming Dance
- Favorite subject? English Favorite teacher? Mr. Prock (Former Law Enforcement Teacher)
- What profession do you wish to pursue? A career in the arts focused in musical theater with a backup degree in either psychology or neuroscience. The dream would be making broadway or film.
- Where would you like to puruse your future degree? Columbia University
- Tell us one unique characteristic about yourself. I’m easy-going, free-spirited and love to put my energy into things I’m passionate about - like theater and my grades.
- In one word, how would you describe your experience as an STISD student? Enriching - the experience here at World Scholars is so diverse.
- Extracurriculars? UIL (One-act play + Prose Poetry) and is President of the Sophomore Class
- What advice would you give to someone on the fence about enrolling to one of our schools? If you are looking to explore different career options and where you wish to be in life, this is the school for you. It’ll provide you the space and the energy to look at your options with a multitude of available courses for you to decide what you wish to pursue for your future.
- What are you most looking forward to this Spring Break? I am most looking forward to traveling with my family to France for a ski trip. My sister is a senior in high school (Science Academy) this year, so my parents decided to go big or go home, and I can’t wait.