When shyness loses, opportunities arise, and that’s exactly what happened to Chloe Nguyen, 9th-grader at Health Professions, when she decided to step out of her comfort zone and lead her Class of 2026 as president.
Fun Fact: Chloe is one of five sisters, all of which have graduated from, or are currently attending Health Professions, and was inspired by one of her older sisters to pursue the Pharmacy Technician CTE certification program offered right here at Health Professions.
It’s still too soon to say where Chloe will study her dreams of becoming a Gynecologist; however, would love to study out in California near family, or stay in Texas and go to UT Austin or Texas A&M.
Getting lost in music and playing her guitar and ukulele is one of her solo go-to’s, but she does her best to always break out of that comfort and be as outgoing and involved as her shyness allows. You can add HOSA-Future Health Professionals, Business Professionals of American and Student Council to the Class President’s competitive extracurriculars and leadership programs - say what? And best of all, she made it one of her goals in 2023 to be more involved and complete as many volunteer hours as possible. (Yes, that means being around more people.)
If you ask us, we think she’s done a fabulous job at kicking shyness to the curb, making it her motivation for more!
This month we are in frame with Chloe Nguyen.
- Favorite hobby? Listening to music + playing guitar & ukulele
- Favorite artist or song? Artists: Joji + Yacht Club | Song: Rises the Moon by Liana Flores
- Favorite Health Professions memory so far? Volunteering with BPA at Trunk or Treat event
- Favorite subject? Anything math + specifically algebra
- What profession do you wish to pursue? Gynecology
- Future college or university: One in California or UT Austin and plans to study Public Health or Biology
- Tell us one unique characteristic about yourself. I am honestly very shy, but I do my best to put myself out there and taking risks
- In one word, how would you describe your experience as an STISD/Health Professions student? Involved
- What advice would you give to someone on the fence about enrolling to one of our schools? Prepare as best you can for the vigorous courses, BUT most importantly don’t be afraid to ask for help!
- What is your favorite holiday tradition? Getting together with family and eating her mom’s Pho (Fu)
- What is your go-to holiday must-watch movie? A Christmas Carol
- Goal for 2023: Completing as many volunteer hours as I can, and ending the school year with all As.
- Aspired CTE Program: Pharmacy Technician