STISD Half-Day Programs
Through the STISD Half-Day Programs, students with special needs can take the majority of their academic classes at their home high schools and take a combination of Career & Technical Education (CTE) and academic courses at STISD for up to 4 credits per year.
The purpose of the Half-Day Programs is to teach students in a real work environment so they gain a marketable edge in the workforce. Further, students gain the confidence they need to continue their education after high school. Graduates of the program have solid technical and social skills.
Students have the opportunity to compete in academic extracurricular organizations such as HOSA-Future Health Professionals and Skills USA.
- Student must be enrolled in special education at his or her home high school.
- Student must live in Cameron, Hidalgo, or Willacy County.
- A student interested in enrolling must submit an application to his/her campus Special Education department, and they will forward the application to the STISD Half-Day Programs Office.
- Students must demonstrate good behavior at home campus and STISD.
- Students must maintain passing grades at home campus and STISD.
- Students must attend school on a regular basis within home district and STISD.
Interested in learning more about the STISD Half-Day Programs? Do you need guidance through the application process?
Click the button below to submit a Half-Day Program Information Request Form, and someone from the department will be in touch with you soon.
You can also call us at 956.514.4237.
For more information or to discuss customizing your student's individual program plan, please contact the Half-Day Program Office: 956.514.4237.